Thursday, February 3, 2011

Some more photos.

 A cold and overcast first day of the tour. At the starting line in front of the pyramids.
 Adrian (Mad Dog) Munday looking at the front gates of the temple of Karnak in Luxor.
 Meticulously cleaning my bike on a soccer field at camp in Idfu, a small city.
 After arriving in Aswan, some quality food. From left to right: Adrian, Gary, Ryan, John, Erik. This is right along the Nile with some temples to be seen in the back. Also note the abundance of fellucas.
 Ryan and Adrian in our room on the ferry. The entire room. In fact, I couldn't even open the door any further if I tried. And that was first class.
 The view of the Nile on my birthday. First riding day in Sudan. Hard to beat that as a gift, eh?
 My tent pegs forged in the fires of Mordor... I mean Dongola, Sudan.
 Arriving at a desert camp before heading off to Khartoum.
A "toilet" Note the bucket for washing your hand in after you've wiped yourself with it.

Sorry there are no more photos to be had. The internet here is so slow, these photos took almost 2 hours to upload. Also, it's hard to choose pics that can accurately represent how awesome this trip has been. When I get back, I can show everyone all of the photos and maybe that will give a clearer picture. Now I head off to bed to rest before a 150km day tomorrow. It is the opening day of an 8 day stretch without a rest day. Wish me luck! Until next time,

Danimal

P.S. I just realized felucca is spelt with one L and two Cs. My bad.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these -- they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dan, it looks like your getting calves (picture of you and pyramids)! who knew all it would take was biking across Africa. Oh and happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daniel, it's your favourite Grandma here. I'm enjoying reading your blog, although I don't understand all of it (and that's probably a good thing). Keep those stories and pictures coming. I'm at Sam and Gord's and they are helping me post this comment. Bye XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pictures. Good thing that you're not just taking pictures of the main attractions (like the Pyramids) but also the unique and everyday things like the blacksmith.It's those pictures that will be the most memorable because they'll have such meaning for you and you can't get them off the Internet! We'll have a big slideshow party when you return and watch your pictures on my TV.
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ehh boy looks like a pretty wild tear and I guess your really enjoying yourself so thats don. Gotta let me know about the coffee in ethiopia asap.

    ps. Im also on the hole in the ground/bucket grind at mommas too!

    take care,

    mark

    ReplyDelete